Before sending a request for collaboration on engineering and technical assignments, please check that you meet the following criteria:
- Humanitarian needs: The request for assistance must be rooted in humanitarian needs, which when met bring about positive change for people, communities and the environment.
- Safety: The area where the assignment is to be carried out must be considered safe and secure, and any risk must be handled in a responsible manner. EWB Norway does not send volunteers to war, conflict or disaster zones.
- Finance: The financing of the project must be satisfactory. EWB Norway does not take part in the financing of projects.
- Organization: You must be a not-for-profit organization, educational institution or social entrepreneur registered locally, nationally or internationally. It’s important you have local prescence and a strong understanding of local needs.
EWB Norway can provide technical assistance in a wide range of engineering areas, such as: water and sanitation, clean energy, building- and infrastructure, waste management and recycling, machine and process, IT and digitalization. We can contribute with concrete improvements to infrastructure (hands on engineering) or carry out feasibility studies. No assignments are alike, but our work takes place within the following framework:
- Duration of assignment: When we agree on an assignment, we assemble a team of volunteer engineers who will prepare and follow up the assignment over a period of 6 months or longer.
- Fieldwork: Duration of fieldwork is normally 1-2 weeks, however it can be adjusted according to the needs of the project
- Close collaboration: All assignments are carried out in close collaboration with local representatives and those who will benefit from the work.
- Technical report: All assignments will end with a technical report and evaluation meeting.
We look forward to hearing from you – and would love to see if we can help you develop your impactful work!
Please contact us for more information